Friday, November 27, 2009

I need a serious makeover !!!! Can YOU all PLEASE help me ???!!!!?

all my life,I have been a serious wallflower,who guys never cared to meet or even notice....Ive been away from home for years and I want to visit next month....I cant go home the same way I left !!!! With frizzy hair,acne,and no sense of style,not to mention I am out of shape...Can anyone,mostly ethnic women of color,or really anyone that wants to help,give me some of their favorite skin products,hair products,and favorite websites for clothing in junior sizes ??? I am 5 ft.3 and maybe 130 lbs,with a little curves...I have multiracial hair,but its wavy and kinky and gets dry quickly. I wish I had a picture but I dont. Um,and I am a medium brown skin tone......I need all the help I can get,you guys !!!!!!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!



I need a serious makeover !!!! Can YOU all PLEASE help me ???!!!!?

Curls Rock products by Catwalk are great. They have a moisturizer that you can put on after you wash and condition your hair. They actually have a wonderful oatmeal and honey shampoo/conditioner you can use before it too. It is FABULOUS. That will make your hair frizz free and ready to take on whatever you want for it.



Flatironing your hair (after getting the ends trimmed up and on point) will change your look dramatically...consider it? I would have to suggest HIGHLY that you invest in a salon quality flatiron such as a CHI ceramic 1" flatiron or I just got a T3 Tourmaline Wet-to-Dry flatiron that takes the blowdry part of the flatironing process out of the picture. BUT with ethnic hair like you say you have, it is imperative that you use a great iron that will get HOT HOT and stay SUPER HOT. These irons can be found on ebay for a fraction of what you would get them in the salon...if you need one now, you can get the T3 line at Sephora.



Clinique has a great 3 step skincare regimen for every skin type. A bar, toner and moisturizer. I have sensitive skin and it is gentle enough for even me, yet it keeps my skin clear and fresh.



All in all I would say drink LOADS of water to help with your dryness all around and moisturize everything from head to toe :) This makes a huge diff in how you look and how you feel.



For clothes, I would say go for Victorias Secret's online catalog at http://www.victoriassecret.com . They have sensible and glamorous clothing and it doesnt necessarily cost too much. They have sexy tops...even their polo shirts are sexy, tailored to fit. They have beautiful dresses, sweaters and lounge/chill clothes too. Their shoe selection is unique too. And your bra can make an outfit POP like no other! Try their Very Sexy line. I have one of them in every color (The convertible is the most versatile). They offer shipping discounts. Try a babydoll top or dress...it will give props to your chest and cover any flaws in the belly region. An empire waisted top/dress will do the same thing.



You cant buy confidence. You have to tilt your chin up and know that you are rockin' your own style and that you are NOT a wallflower. If you can do that then you will be a fabulous memory long after your visit is over!



I need a serious makeover !!!! Can YOU all PLEASE help me ???!!!!?

buy hair products that are made specifically for curly hair. My curls were frizzy for ages until i did this, now they're really soft. and invest in a leave in conditioner to keep your hair moisturised all day.



To have a sense of style does not mean to dress in the latest trends, being able to dress for your body shape is much more important, and will look much better than the fads that fit no one but the rakes that walk the catwalk.



google "dressing for your body shape" there are lots of helpful sites that have tips of what and what not to wear.



with your skin drink lots of water, eat vegetables and fruits and use beauty products that don't have oil in them. It won't clear it up completely but you'll se a vast improvement. (I'm still looking for a way to clear up acne completely too! lol)



Good luck :)



I need a serious makeover !!!! Can YOU all PLEASE help me ???!!!!?

k.



I need a serious makeover !!!! Can YOU all PLEASE help me ???!!!!?

Hey!



Makeovers are so fun, but sometimes they are very expensive.



I found these makeup videos that might help you!



http://www.sutree.com/videos/Makeup/207



Good luck!



Maytal



I need a serious makeover !!!! Can YOU all PLEASE help me ???!!!!?

hey



i tried proactive for my skin about 3 years ago and after two weeks i was totally clear and i use it everyday and never get pimples as for style make your own its all about attitude if you want people to look at you so them why they should be looking but make sure there looking for the right reasons though don't be someone your not just to have people look at you !!



stay true



I need a serious makeover !!!! Can YOU all PLEASE help me ???!!!!?

For the frizzy hair- see a professional. There are options to tame it, for sure. I've seen them do a perm with large rollers on very frizzy, tightly curled hair to loosen it up. Other than that I would suggest deep-conditioning every single day. Comb the conditioner through and leave it on for a few minutes or longer. Also use a leave-in conditoner daily and moisturizing styling products designed for ethnic hair. You could set your hair in hot rollers for looser curls as well.



For the acne I can only suggest the only thing that EVER worked for me- tri-cyclen birth control pills. They changed my life. I had acne for many years until I started taking them, and I've had clear skin pretty much ever since. Tri-cyclen is prescribed specifically for acne, and you would have to ask for it specifically. Not all birth control pills have the same effect.



My last bit of advice- start drinking 6-8 glasses of water per day, eat as well as you can and start walking. FORCE yourself to do it. You could knock their socks off when you go back home! If all of this fails and you still look the same when you go home, hold your head up high and know that you are not your hair or your acne- you're more than that. Demand respect, love yourself and be kind to yourself. You have to show people how to treat you.



Good luck. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
poor credit